Nasal obstruction refers to some form of blockage of the nose or nasal cavity and can be caused by a wide range of problems. There are several common causes of nasal obstruction including:
- Inferior turbinate hypertrophy
- Foreign bodies in the nose
- Large adenoids – blocking the back of the nose
- Swelling of the lining of the nose due to allergies
- Pyriform aperture stenosis
Nasal obstruction symptoms include:
- Nasal congestion or stuffiness
- Nasal blockage or obstruction
- Trouble breathing through the nose
- Trouble sleeping
- Difficulty getting enough air through the nose during exercise or exertion.
When to see a doctor
If you are having difficulty breathing through your nose, it's time to see your doctor.